Healthcare Professionals Conference 2017 - Early Bird bookings now open!
Get in early to Elevate your skills: Symptom management in later stages of Parkinson’s
Hosted by Parkinson’s Victoria, this annual one-day educational seminar will offer a unique and specific focus that explores and explains the complexities of managing Parkinson’s in the later stages.
Whilst designed to encourage interaction and peer networking, its primary focus is to equip healthcare professionals with up-to-date tools, research information and confidence to improve quality of life in advanced stages of Parkinson’s.
The full day conference takes place on Friday 27 October 2017, at Rydges on Swanston Street, (close to Melbourne University) and offers modern, flexible and highly engaging conference areas.
The program is designed to deliver the following learning outcomes:
- Develop awareness of current evidence based pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment strategies to support people with advanced Parkinson's
- Increase theoretical knowledge of the impact of non-motor symptoms on functional ability and quality of life
- Understand patterns of neuro-psychiatric and cognitive changes
- Understand the principles of neuro-palliative rehabilitation
- Increase awareness of best practice care to support people experiencing challenging motor and non-motor symptoms
- Develop increased awareness of resources available in the community to assist in the care of people with later stage PD
You can save on your attendance by taking advantage of our EarlyBird booking discount of $30.