A beautiful way to raise funds this Autumn
Mar. 20, 2018
Of all the great ways to raise funds for Parkinson’s, this has to be one of the most beautiful.
Until May, we’re running a fundraiser with Tesselaar Bulbs. A valuable 40% of sales will go to Parkinson’s Victoria so we can continue to provide expert health advice, up-to-date information, seminars and support more than 70 Parkinson’s Support Groups throughout Victoria.
Wimmera Parkinson Support Group’s Tulip Growing Tips
Last year, Group Leader, Rene Vivien (pictured at right), and the Wimmera Parkinson’s Support Group went the extra yard to help people beautify their gardens to raise funds for people living with Parkinson’s.
Rene laughs when it’s suggested she has a green thumb. She had never grown tulips before and went straight to Tesselaar Bulbs for tips on how to grow them:
- Grow them in a pot initially. You’ll be able to move them around to keep them in the most suitable environment.
- Use a recommended potting mix (your local nursery should be able to recommend one
- If you live in warmer climates, you can keep them in egg cartons in the fridge for the first couple of weeks
- Store the bulbs afterwards when the stems dry up and you’ll have bulbs for next year
How you can help
Fancy giving your green thumbs a workout this Autumn? Why not purchase some bulbs and help to support the work of Parkinson’s Victoria?
- Click here to purchase your bulbs. It’s as easy as that!