Freecall Infoline

1800 644 189


Discount travel

Jan. 28, 2016

Victoria has an extensive state-wide public transport system and discount travel options to help people with Parkinson's get out and about.

Health Care Card

Holders of a Health Care Card with a Victorian address can travel on public transport at discounted (concession) fares. Phone Centrelink on 13 10 21 for more information.

Pensioner’s Card

This card entitles the holder to a concession fare on public transport services throughout Australia. Pensioner Concession Card holders from Victoria who receive a Disability Support Pension (DSP code on the back of the card) or a Carer Payment (CAR code on the back of the card) can also apply for free weekend travel.

Find out more at Public Transport Victoria's website

Seniors Card

Victorian Seniors Card holders are provided with a free myki which entitles them to concession fares on trains, trams and buses during the week. They are also entitled to free travel on Saturdays and Sundays in
two consecutive zones. Victorian Seniors Card holders can travel on concession fares on V/Line trains and coaches.

Card holders also receive two Victorian off-peak travel vouchers in the mail each year. These can be used anywhere in Victoria and can be exchanged for V/Line tickets or a Day Pass. Seniors from regional Victoria receive two additional Victorian off-peak travel vouchers.

Find out more at the Public Transport Victoria website.

Companion Card

Carer or companion cards provide unpaid primary carers in Victoria with benefits and discounts on a range of products and services. This includes free travel on public transport on Sundays and travel vouchers for two free return off-peak trips anywhere in Victoria. Find out more at the Carers Victoria website or phone 1800 901 958.


Back to all articles