Screening of Liz Jackson’s film “A Sense of Self” on ABC
Nov. 14, 2016
TV journalist Liz Jackson was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 2014 and she and her husband (filmmaker Martin Butler) have produced a deeply honest and moving 55 minute film titled "A Sense of Self" about Liz's journey with Parkinson's.
In this raw and emotive film, Liz bravely puts herself under the microscope and shows how her Parkinson's cripples her with pain, how panic attacks have taken over her life and the many cognitive symptoms she deals with daily.
She turns the lens on herself to make the most challenging story of her life. Using her formidable compulsion for the truth she courageously explores some big and confronting questions:
- What does Parkinson’s do to you?
- Can it be cured or helped?
- What does it mean for your cognitive abilities?
- Your sense of self and independence?
- Your friends and family?
- Through her investigation she is surprised to discover she is making a story that celebrates the transformative power of love.
Four Corners, Monday 21st November 2016 at 8:30pm