We couldn’t do it without you! Your fundraising effort will help us make a real difference to the lives of people living with Parkinson’s by ensuring we can provide ongoing support services as well as invest in research.
There are many ways you can raise money that supports our vital work.
Our community fundraising section will give you lots of ideas and useful tips for your next fundraising activity.
Parkinson’s Victoria relies on the community’s generosity to fund our information, education and support services. That’s why we are so grateful when people in the community support us by holding their own fundraising events.
You may be an individual, a group, a Rotary Club, school, sports and social clubs, local businesses or other community organisations and it is through your collective fundraising you are able to make a significant contribution to the valuable work that we do.
Here are some ways that others have fundraised for us. Why not make one of these ideas your own?
- Host a special charity auction
- Get together a group of friends and hold a fundraising function
- Hold a raffle at your sporting club
- Lobby your boss to make Parkinson’s Victoria your charity of choice for the year
- Hold a movie or trivia night
- Hold a morning tea or ladies lunch
- Join a fun run
- Hold a fancy dress or casual clothes day at your kinder, school, university or office
- Conduct a sausage sizzle
If you’re planning to fundraise for us, here are some of our tips to ensure your event is a great success.
- Get in touch with us
A fundraising pack will help you get started and provides lots of useful information and advice to help you plan for your event.
- Complete the Community Fundraising Registration Form
This form lets us know of your fundraising activities and ensures you are complying with Fundraising Laws. With this form completed, we can provide you with supporting marketing materials including posters, brochures and collection tins.
- Set up an online fundraising page
Setting up an Everyday Hero page is an easy and hassle-free way for your friends and family to support you.
- Tell everyone what you’re doing and who you are doing it for
Put posters up in your local area, tell your family and friends and ask them to tell others, get in touch with local press, put regular post on your Facebook page, send a link to your Everyday Hero page on Facebook and spread the word.
Support for you
For help with your fundraising or to request a fundraising pack containing lots of ideas and advice about organising your own event.
- Call: (03) 8809 0400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org