Finding a Neurologist
The most appropriate person to help manage your Parkinson’s is a neurologist. Choosing a neurologist can be a daunting process, especially finding one with a special interest in Parkinson’s.
Some questions you may like to consider when making this decision are:
- Does this doctor have a Parkinson’s specialty?
- Do I feel comfortable talking about personal issues with this doctor and do we communicate well?
- What are my options in choosing a treating doctor?
Support for you
- For assistance in locating a suitable neurologist and/or information on how to get the most out of your medical appointments and neurological care, contact the Parkinson’s Victoria Health Team on 1800 644 189
- Download the list of Parkinson’s specialist neurologists (PDF) and general neurologists operating in Victoria. Please note, this list is not exhaustive; however it is a good starting point to assist individuals in making informed and appropriate decisions about their care and symptom management.